We cannot believe that we have completed our first 10 weeks in Year One! We have already learned so much and have all worked hard to keep up with our busy daily routine.
This term was all about routines and relationships – getting to know our teachers, getting to know our friends and learning to manage ourselves in various situations. While doing all these things, the children have also been stretching and growing their brains as we focused on reading, writing, math and all other learning areas.
We have experienced working in different situations, such as, whole class, groups, partners and sometimes by ourselves.
A highlight over the last few weeks has been creating our habitat dioramas! The children have loved getting ‘crafty’ and can’t wait to bring home their creations at the end of term.
We pray everyone has a wonderful holiday break and a most blessed Easter as we remember all that Jesus has done for us!
Happy Easter from all of us. Looking forward to a fruitful term 2!
This term the Year 2 classes have been learning about Forces and Transportation. All of which culminated into a fun morning of Rocket Science. In English we have been learning about rhyming poetry. The students did a fantastic job on their poetry presentations. They have also been building their critical thinking skills in Design and Technology with the creation of a ‘Balloon Powered Car’. The students enjoyed their swimming lessons throughout the heat of the summer and trained hard for their Cross Country run. This year we have added Touch Typing to the curriculum which has been a big hit with most of the students enjoying their lessons. Along with more access to technology came the important lessons on Internet Safety. Year 2 excelled at leading the whole primary school in worship at Chapel. It has been a wonderful start to the year. We wish you all a safe and blessed Easter Holiday and look forward to seeing you all return for Term 2.
Wow! What an amazing term 1 we have had in Year 3. This term we looked at what life was like in the ‘olden days’ in Logan and compared photographs of then and now to see the similarities and differences. The highlight of this term for the students was our excursion to the Beenleigh Historical Village. This excursion allowed the students to understand what it was like to live in the Logan area in the ‘olden days’. The students got to experience washing using a washboard, what school was like when their great-grandparents were in school, timber cutting and life as a fire fighter.
We hope that you all have a safe and fun Easter break.
Mrs Abbot, Mr Kennedy and Mrs Kissick
School Photo Day is fast approaching
Have your child’s school memories captured forever on Tuesday 30th April, 2019
Your photo order envelopes were sent home via your child week beginning Monday 25 March. Please start planning your purchases and payment options.
Remember these helpful points:
- Read all relevant instructions for your preferred payment method. All payments are due on photo day.
- You may pay by cash, or place your order online using your child’s individual ‘shootkey’ listed on their envelope and pay with your credit card.
- Please enclose correct money as no change will be given.
- Sibling photo envelopes are available at Student Services upon request. SIBLING PHOTOS WILL BE TAKEN BEFORE SCHOOL, ON PHOTO DAY AT 7:30AM IN THE FUNCTION ROOM.
- Please instruct siblings to attend the photo studio at this time. Photographers are unable to search for students who do not attend.
- Do not seal envelopes inside each other. You may include payment for all children in one envelope, however please indicate on this envelope the names of all the children you are paying for.
- All students are to wear their CORRECT AND COMPLETE ACADEMIC UNIFORM. Students who arrive in sport uniform will not appear in their class photo.
- Year 10-12 students are to wear their correct winter academic uniform (blazers for all and males to wear long pants and their tie).
- Year 12 students must bring their senior jersey.
For any enquiries, please feel free to contact MSP Photography 3848 3946 or email email@example.com