A huge welcome back to term 3 from Year 1!
We also welcomed Mr Melvold to Year 1 today. He is studying his Teacher Aide course and will be doing some practical hours with us at Parklands.
We enjoyed an amazing first day back. We wrote all about our holidays and illustrated our work. We were proud of how hard they worked and super impressed with their sentences!
We are looking forward to a fabulous time of learning over the next 10 weeks. We will be learning all about physical and chemical changes in Science and we’ll be jumping back into the past as we learn about Then and Now in our HASS unit.
We look forward to sharing more fun with you throughout the term.
Mrs Clausen, Mrs Davis and Mrs Marsh
Speech Therapy at our College
Does your child experience difficulties in any of the following areas?
- Oral Language expression/talking
- Written Language
- Reading & writing/literacy
- Listening and following instructions
- Socialising and friendship
If so it may be the result of an underlying speech and language difficulty. Speech Pathologists study, diagnose and treat communication disorders, including difficulties with speaking, listening, understanding language, reading, writing, social skills, stuttering and using voice. Speech Pathologists assess and provide life improving treatment, support and care.
Michelle Sparg is an independent, mobile private certified practicing speech-Language Pathologist with 24 years of generalised and highly specialist experience having worked with Kindy, Primary and Secondary Students.
Michelle Sparg, a certified practicing Speech-Language Pathologist, is in her 9th year of working successfully at our school alongside students, parents, teachers and learning support staff to maximise learning potential within the classroom.
For further information on this highly valued service currently offered at our College, please contact Michelle Sparg on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0435492716.
School Photo Day is fast approaching
Have your child’s school memories captured forever on Monday 24th August, 2020
Please refer to the home communication as to the different possibilities which will be confirmed closer to photo day.
Your photo order envelopes were sent home in Term 1. Please start planning your purchases and payment options.
Remember these helpful points:
- Read all relevant instructions for your preferred payment method. All payments are due on photo day.
- You may pay by cash, or place your order online using your child’s individual ‘shootkey’ listed on their envelope and pay with your credit card.
- Please enclose correct money as no change will be given.
- Sibling photo envelopes are available at Student Services upon request. SIBLING PHOTOS WILL BE TAKEN BEFORE SCHOOL, ON PHOTO DAY AT 7:30AM IN THE FUNCTION ROOM.
- Please instruct siblings to attend the photo studio at this time. Photographers are unable to search for students who do not attend.
- Do not seal envelopes inside each other. You may include payment for all children in one envelope, however, please indicate on this envelope the names of all the children you are paying for.
- All students are to wear their CORRECT AND COMPLETE ACADEMIC UNIFORM. Students who arrive in sport uniform will not appear in their class photo.
- Year 10-12 students are to wear their correct winter academic uniform (blazers for all and males to wear long pants and their tie).
- Year 12 students must bring their senior jersey.