Our days in Year 1 are always full of interesting conversations! We are learning so many things about ourselves and each other every single day! It is fantastic to see children developing friendships as the year progresses and we have spent quite a bit of time this term talking about what it means to be a good friend and how we can cooperate and show others we care.
We are stretching their ‘thinking brains’ in many areas of learning. Science lessons have been a highlight this term as they have been taking a ‘hands on’ approach to learning about physical and chemical changes. The children enjoyed working through simple experiments with various foods to discover how heating and cooling can make matter change.
In literacy, the children are becoming better writers as they add a wider range of interesting vocabulary to sentences. They have also been creating wonderful recounts. Mrs Davis and Mrs Clausen are enjoying reading about all the places children visit with their family and friends. Last week Year 1 consolidated o’clock time and had fun making clocks using paper plates. They look fantastic and were extremely useful.
Thank you for all your ongoing support in Year 1. We are looking forward to wonderful end to Term 2 and pray that you and your families stay well during the Winter months.
Mrs Clausen, Mrs Davis and Mrs Marsh
On the 14th May, the intrepid Year 4 classes set out on an adventure!We left early in the morning, and headed to beautiful Tallebudgera Creek to meet with the camp team from CYC Burleigh. They had a fun filled day planned for us!
- Lots of Adventuring
- Team Building Exercises
- Problem Solving Games
- Beach Races
- Saltwater Shenanigans
- LOTS of Sunscreen Applications
After a full day of sun-soaked adventures our inspired Year 4’s returned exhausted but prepared and full of anticipation for what their Year 5 Camp will have in store for them.
Mr Patane, Mr Bradshaw and Mrs Kerr
This term in Year 5 our students have been learning about persuasive writing. To develop their writing skills, students had various writing activities, with one task being to advertise their school. Here’s what some of our Year 5 students came up with about PCC:
- “Morning Mrs S”. ”Hey Jayden”. ”Hah, the smell of freshly cut lawn and fresh air, man I love this fantastic, smiley and willing school. So you probably want the best for your child right? Well guess what we have amazing clubs here, to support your child’s learning as well as amazing kind staff to make learning fun!! So, call 2400 christian collage to become a student at this amazing school today!” – Jayden
- Do you like to do music but your school has nothing to do with music? Come to Parklands, you don’t just do music you learn music. Find what instrument you are comfortable with. Sing your heart out with choir, play different instruments with ‘give a go band’. – Emma
- I hear Mrs. S greeting the new kids. I hear the wonderful choir singing joyfully. I hear Mr. Solymosi preaching at Church. I feel the keys on the clarinet as I am practicing for band. I feel awesome, as my teacher Miss Strubin helps me in mathematics. PCC is a wonderful place to take your kids if you want a wonderful school! – Elliana
- Splat goes the paint, scribe goes the pencil, zoom go the runners, la la la goes the choir, sizzle goes the pan in tuck shop cooking my lunch. Yum! Parklands Christian College is the place for me. – Callista
- Parklands has a ton of friendly staff and friends. You will never feel lonely everyone here is nice. There is also a range of sports to choose from if you are an active person. Parklands is a massive community that always has things like BBQ’s and dances. They also raise money for people in need. – Corey
- At Parklands we have a school Fete every year with performances from all the kids and there are tents with lollies! There are so many different types of lollies and they all taste sweet and yummy. At our school Fete every year, all the money we raise is sent to Cambodia to help all of the people there. There are also many rides full of fun and laughter, and so many people go to the Fete to have fun.- Chelsea
- When you are at Parklands you feel someone is there for you. The students and staff are always caring for you and the environment. The chirping birds, the rustle of the wind through the trees, the laughter of children playing and the friendly faces of the RTC. When you are at Parklands you are safe. Parklands Christian college is showing Gods amazing Love through this school.
- I am a new student at Parklands. I use to get bullied at school but now I feel calm and safe. The class room is a quiet and safe environment and I learn a lot in many subjects. My favourite is sport. There are lots of fun and exciting events happening too like the Fete, family bush dance, cross country, swimming, athletics and more. We have a friendly RTC lounge where children can learn and reflect on mistakes. This is my story! – Georgia
Miss Needs, Miss Strubin and Mrs Kissick